It has been three weeks since I moved out of Hummingbird HQ at Wake House in Bourne. I have to say I miss that space immensely but have found a small area of the dining room to replicate a smaller version. Positive Pineapples included.
Hummingbird Hypnotherapy continues to support people by offering sessions online via zoom and video call. With some fantastic feedback from a client in spain who wrote ‘ Don’t let your self care slip because of lockdown because i’m not.’
It is so very easy to let things go particularly under stress of not knowing what is happening or having an outcome or end date.
But, there are a lot of things that we do know and they are the things that need the attention, positive focus and will keep that serotonin rolling.
- Aim to keep a good routine. In particular getting up and going to bed at the same time.
- Get ready for a new day. Self care, fresh clothes, positive start.
- Grab that daily exercise, even a walk outside can get those endorphins boosting and you never know what you might see.
- Make time for some peace and quiet. In particular if you have children. Book a mini break with yourself even if it is at the bottom of the garden where they cant find you.
- Write a list of good things. Notice what has been good every day and write it down. Acknowledge that even in this situation there are still plenty of things you can achieve. No matter how small.
- Try something new. Listen to new music or find an interesting podcast.
- Most of all do not be too harsh on yourself. We do not have a pattern in our brain for this situation and so our emotions can run wild at times. Remind yourself that this is ok and that everyday you are still doing your best.
If you are struggling with your mental health at the moment you can book a 1:1 initial consultation with me via Zoom call.
You can also find me on facebook sharing guided relaxations with you every Monday, Wednesday and Friday to help you relax during this time http://www.facebook.com/hummingbirdhypnotherapy.